Reunited and it feels so good!


Y'all, where has the year gone? I suppose I should explain my latest blogging hiatus....Well, the March 31st National Board deadline has been looming over me and I have been so stressed with getting all of it together. Then I got quite possibly the BEST.EMAIL.EVER. on Friday. NBPTS is transitioning to electronic submission and the deadline has been extended, so now I get to submit my portfolio between April 1st and May 31st. What a relief! Now I feel like I have time to do other important things like catch up with all my friends in the blogosphere!

 I love this time of the school year...my kiddos are so much more independent and are growing into such fabulous readers and writers. Last week my kiddos learned short e (Read Well teachers long e first) and they are getting so good at decoding CVC words. I introduced blending CVC words with these segmenting and blending cards and they really helped my struggling students. 


We read these words on the pocket chart. 


I have included some CVC fun in our literacy centers to give my kiddos extra practice! Nothing like a good ol' cut and paste...

And I added this to our magnet letter center...

My assistant will be out tomorrow so instead of going to her table for remediation, my kiddos will be playing CVC bingo! I made an I Can chart so they can play independently while I teach small groups.


I uploaded the short e cut and paste and pocket chart cards to TpT. You can grab them [HERE]. You can find the complete CVC pack [HERE].  

I'll be back tomorrow with some Writer's Workshop fun..and freebies, of course! :) 


your photo name

3 comments

Back to Top