Playing Catch-Up!

It's been a few days and I have so much to catch you up on! My speech at the event last Friday went very well! The spotlight was so bright in the auditorium that I seriously couldn't see anyone in the audience. It was just perfect!

Yesterday I began Mission Crate Seats. I got the wood from our local True Value...only $13 for the wood, enough to make 8 crate seats. I bought foam seat cushions in packs of 4 for $6.97 at Wally World and heavy duty fabric to cover the cushions on clearance for only $2 per yard. Now I just have to decide on the cutesy fabric I want to cover the seats with. Decisions, decisions. I'll be posting pictures when the project is not strewn about my kitchen completed.

I also received my copy of In Pictures and In Words by Katie Wood Ray for our book study! Head on over to Mrs. Will's blog to grab the bookmark and participate...all the fun starts on June 22.



Last thing, friends...Jennifer at
 
is hosting a giveaway to celebrate her blogaversary! There are lots of goodies up for grabs including a $20 gift card to Amazon! I'm giving away my Beach Math and Literacy Packet and there are other TpT treats as well. Click her button above to go and check it out!  

Off to get ready to meet my new kiddos in just two days! 


your photo name

4 comments

  1. I look forward to seeing your crate seats!! I am trying to make them this summer too. :)
    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm excited for the book study, too! Amazon is out of stock so I'm waiting...
    Jenny

    Owl Things First

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenny, I found it on Barnes and Noble. Not sure if there is much of a price difference but its worth a shot :)
      http://search.barnesandnoble.com/In-Pictures-and-In-Words/Katie-Wood-Ray/e/9780325028552

      Delete
  3. Thanks so much for following! Headed to check out your blog now :)

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top