State Testing Day 1

Yesterday I made my stage debut as one of Gladys Knight's Pips (yes, pip, no m in the word!) for our Soul Train program. I'm no thespian, but we still managed to have a good time and get the upper grade kiddos excited about the state test. They started the state testing today and used all the kindergarten assistant teachers to help proctor. I was without my wonderful, amazing, hardworking, keeps me in check assistant all.day.long. Because some of the sweet 6th graders were still taking the test at 2:00, we had to forego specials. I was with my kiddos and without even a minute break from 7:30-3:50 today and that includes lunch. (Who else enjoys their lunch alongside their kiddos on a daily basis?) Needless to say, I am absolutely exhausted. I don't know how you teachers without assistants do it!

We were having all kinds of beach fun from my Beach Math and Literacy Packet to try and keep the kiddos engaged while I tried to teach taught small group reading and math. With only two weeks left of school, we are doing a ton of review activities.

 The kiddos made patterns on the pocket chart. 
 They had fun at Base Ten Beach! 
Initial consonant clip with recording sheet. 


The best part about my Beach Math and Literacy Pack is that almost all activities are in color AND black and white! So you can save that color ink! I 'm having major difficulties uploading it to TpT! Its over 140 pages and apparently that is just too big for TpT even though I zipped the file. Should I separate them into Math and Literacy Packs? Or just remove some of the activities? I'll let you know when I upload it :)



Now, sweet friends I need your help! Our kinder kiddos will be performing in our May Day Play Day program and we need a song we can dance to. Last year we danced to "Cowboy Dance" by Jack Hartman. Do you have an end of the year program? What's your favorite song/dance your kiddos perform? To thank you for your ideas, I'll randomly select 2 friends to receive my Beach Math and Literacy Pack for f-r-e-e in 24 hours :)





your photo name

7 comments

  1. Pineapple Princess is always a good one!! My students love this song!!

    Danielle
    dnll.brown@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you ever heard of the song One Small Voice? It's on Jack Hartman's CD. It's such a good way to start any program.

    Lori (luvyorkies@gmail.com)
    Teaching With Love and Laughter

    ReplyDelete
  3. Each year for our End of the Year Performance, we end our show with the song, "First grade" sung to the tune of Frank Sinatra's New York. (Found it out there in the blogosphere). We do small actions while singing. There is never a dry eye in the house!!
    ~ Amy
    ahunt@narragansett.k12.ri.us

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm anxiously awaiting your beach unit (I fell in love w/it in your last post:)
    Enjoy those last days of school (12 days here-woot, woot!)
    megandw@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. We do a kindergarten "celebration" which is their graduation. We do lots of fun songs our favorite right now is SCHOOL IS COMING TO AN END. We are doing a beach theme and water fun for the end of the year and your unit is perfect! Can't wait to check it out!

    SCHOOL IS COMING TO AN END, TIME FOR SUMMER TO BEGIN
    TIME FOR REST, TIME FOR FUN, TIME FOR PLAYING IN THE SUN.
    SCHOOL IS COMING TO AN END, TIME FOR SUMMER TO BEGIN

    GOTTA RE-CHARGE MY BATTERIES
    GOTTA RE-CHARGE MY BATTERIES
    GOTTA RE-CHARGE MY BATTERIES
    GET A LITTLE R AND R.

    SCHOOL IS COMING TO AN END, TIME FOR SUMMER TO BEGIN
    TIME FOR REST, TIME FOR FUN, TIME FOR PLAYING IN THE SUN.
    SCHOOL IS COMING TO AN END, TIME FOR SUMMER TO BEGIN

    YEAH! (SHOUTED)

    katiegordon2@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are doing our Kindergarten Program this year and the kids are singing with Will.i.Am and the characters of Sesame Street to the song Stronger. It is the cutest thing ever...and I tear up watching them sing it!

    Laurie
    lshee3qx@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been trying to respond to your request but it keeps failing to post. Grrrrr! We too are doing What I Am by 'Will.i.AM'. The kiddos love singing it!

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyVzjoj96vs&fb_source=message

    Brenda
    bcfstamp@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top