Monday, March 5, 2012

Ways to Make 5 and 10..Rainbows of Fun!

Sorry for not blogging lately, friends. I've been working on my National Board Certification Portfolio and my oh my is it a lot of work! If you have completed National Board Certification and have lived to tell about it...please, please share some advice. Did you feel slightly completely overwhelmed too?

We've been working on our fluency of addition and subtraction facts to 5 and my kiddos are getting so good at it! I found this gem on pinterest and today we made our own version. We made a "Ways to Make 5 Rainbow" and after Spring Break (t minus 4 days) we'll make one for ways to make 10.



 We made this anchor chart to remind them of the strategies to use when working on addition or subtraction.

Since we will be working on ways to make 10 after Spring Break, I made a copy of the rainbow for each student to keep in his/her math folder and a recording sheet to write all the ways to make 10. You can grab it here! Be sure to follow my blog and my TpT shop so you don't miss out on any more freebies! :) Just click the "Join this site" button on the right! 

[Clipart by my fav KPM Doodles]

 

Are you looking for more fun ways to teach this Common Core Standard? Check out this packet I recently uploaded to TpT. It includes 4 center activities with a recording sheet and "I Can" cards, 2 mini books, posters, a chant, a song, printables and more! Just click the picture to check it out :)





21 comments:

  1. This is so cute...thanks for the printable!
    Vickie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! I used your fluency flashcards today during small group. My kiddos picked a card and used their cubes (if necessary) to solve the problem. They got to keep the card they picked so everyone had the same amount at the end and everybody won! :)

      Delete
  2. You're blog is awesome and I just passed on the Liebster Blog award. Thanks for sharing your great ideas.
    ✿Fun 2B in First✿

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this, I am going to find a way to modify this for kinder! I am your newest follower, I would love for you to visit me!

    Michelle
    Apples and ABC's

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this, we were just talking about it in the car yesterday with my Kindergartner and this will be a fun thing to follow up with at home since I just shared a Rainbow post too about cooking with kids. http://theeducatorsspinonit.blogspot.com/2012/03/little-hands-that-cook-with-books-lets.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so stinkin' cute! Just love it! I'm way excited to make the rainbow anchor chart and have my kiddos work on this! Thanks so much!

    www.rowdyinroom300.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for the rainbow fact chart freebie! I am now your newest follower. I am new to blogging and I would love it if you visit my Kindergarten blog : http://kinderverse.blogspot.com/ Jaya

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jessica, I love the adding to 10 rainbow. Would you consider making the printables for the adding to 5, since it is common core? The add to 10 would be great for enrichment.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the rainbow addition...great idea!
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it! Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is great! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. that is a big help, Im trying explain to my son for last two days but today I will use yours tips.
    Thank you and greetings from UK

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for the rainbow math freebie. It's so cute and will be fun for my first graders. It's just what they need right now. I found your blog from a pin of this on pinterest. I'm happy to be your newest follower. Take care!

    Chrissy
    First Grade Found Me

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my word! I love this idea! We are really pushing the addition up to 5 right now as well! Thanks so much for sharing this. It will def. be in my lesson plans next week.

    Erin
    www.missandersonkinder.blogspot.com

    (newest follower and super excited! :))

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for sharing the printable! Just what I was looking for!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Pretty! This has been an incredibly wonderful post.
    Thank you for supplying these details.

    Visit my webpage; Soldes Air Jordan

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi. My son can count up to 100 when he is reading from the number train, but when he is counting on his own he struggles. Do you have anything that will help him to understand counting.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you for sharing this, we are trying to make math more visual for it all to "click". This will help my daughter for sure!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...