DIY Magnetic Whiteboard

I have one of these fabulous magnetic whiteboards from Lakeshore in my class.
I use it throughout the day with my small groups and especially during phonics. I received one as a gift but wasn't about to outfit my class with $8.95 whiteboards. I have had a couple rolls of Con-Tact Memo Board and didn't know what to do with it...until today! I bought some 13 x 9 inch inch cookie sheets from Dollar Tree for (you guessed it!) $1 and turned them into magnetic whiteboards. I cut the Memo Board to size (12 x 8 inches) and slapped it right on the cookie sheets.  Now my kiddos will each have their own magnetic whiteboard to use during small group. 

The best part? I made each whiteboard for $1.07 because a sweet friend gave me a bunch of Memo Board rolls. Even if you bought a roll from Amazon for $6.87, it would make 10 whiteboards and the cost would still be less than $2 per whiteboard. Can't beat that!

I'll admit, I'm not the perfect craftinista so my magnetic whiteboards have a few bubbles under the Con-Tact paper...but I'm sure my little kiddos won't mind! Any tips on getting rid of those annoying bubbles? 





your photo name

8 comments

  1. Just use a stick pin and poke the bubbles. Push the air out and they will be smooth as any white board you can buy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Genius! I'll have to try that. Thank you! :)

      Delete
  2. Great idea! I am pinning this to my pinterest board so I remember to try it! Thanks for the awesome suggestion!

    Kelly
    "Kindergarten Kel

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! I love this idea! Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cool, I'm going to do it for my class too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your providing all the information about the small whiteboard it's really good for all my kids.
    mobile whiteboards

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top